Monday, September 13, 2010

My First Blog Post!

So I have decided to start blogging since I am going to be traveling so much, and I want to keep everyone at home updated on my adventures! I hope everyone will bear with me through these first couple posts while I get the hang of it!  I am in California right now for a tennis tournament.  I am traveling with another player named Megan Falcon, who played at LSU.  We flew into Oakland on Saturday and stayed with some of Megan's family there.  When we woke up on Sunday we hung out for a little bit and watched some of the US Open.  Then we had a big breakfast, and it was time to hit the road again.  We went to get our rental car (which took wayyy too long).  Then we drove to Redding, California (where the tournament is being played) which took us about 4 hours.  I had to check in for the tournament and we got a short practice in.  We are staying with a really nice family here in Redding.  It can be nice to stay with people rather than always staying in a hotel; not only because it saves money, but because it makes you feel more at home.  It is very dry and hot here, but it is strange because I hardly sweat because there is no humidity.  I played my first round of qualifying on Sunday and won 6-1, 6-0.  Megan and I practiced again after my match.  The Redding news was there while we were practicing and we were on the evening news.  It was pretty funny!  We got home after a long day and were excited to watch the men's final of the US Open, but it was raining in New York so it was postponed to Monday night :(  I play my final round of qualies today so I am hoping for the best!  I am hoping to post pictures soon!

Also check this out... I thought it was soo funny.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94xyOpETYYs&feature=player_embedded#!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Amanda! Thanks for doing this blog! I love it!!I will enjoy keeping up with you...good luck in your tournament!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the post. It gives people an insight to the pros that are not named Williams or Clisters with no money worries.

    Chuck

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments guys! I will try to update frequently :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this bestie!!! i will be your number one follower/fan

    ReplyDelete