Saturday, September 18, 2010

On the Road Again...

Hello everybody!!
 I am currently sitting in my hotel room in Albuquerque, New Mexico.  It is Saturday night, and I am super bored.  I have been watching Lifetime movies all night trying to entertain myself. I got here yesterday from Redding.  The tournament in Redding turned out well.  I qualified for the main draw and then lost 2nd round.  I felt that even though I lost I learned alot from the match and know exactly what I need to work on to get to the next level.  I got 9 points towards my ranking so overall it was a really successful week for me.  After I lost, I had to figure out how I was going to get to Albuquerque.  Megan still had to play a doubles match the next day, so we couldn't travel there together.  I wanted to get to Albuquerque as soon as possible, because it is high altitude so it takes a while to get used to the conditions.  The balls really fly off of your racquet and you have to play with different balls!  I rented a car on Friday and drove 4 hours to San Jose.  I then flew to Phoenix and then from there to Albuquerque.  It was a reallyyyyy long travel day and I was exhausted by the end of it.  It definitely was not fun doing all that traveling by myself.  I landed in Albuquerque on Friday night around 9pm and took a taxi straight to the hotel.  Today I woke up and practiced twice to try and get used to the conditions.  Megan got in tonight, and we are sharing a room at the Courtyard Marriott.  I play first round qualies tomorrow at 10 am.  Albuquerque is a 75,000 tournament, and it is the highest level tournament  I have played so far.  I will write again soon! I really miss everyone at home! I am posting some pictures from the Sundial Bridge in Redding that I got to see in one of my last days in California.  Enjoy!

The SunDial Bridge...the walkway is all glass


2 comments:

  1. thanks! I love comments! I miss you and can't wait to see u in a little over a month!

    ReplyDelete