Friday, July 1, 2011

Summertime Tennis

Hello everyone!
Sorry it has been so long since my last post... I am going to try and start updating my blog much more often! Since I last wrote, I have reached a new career high singles and doubles ranking! I am 470 in singles and 453 in doubles.  I still have a long way to go, but I think it is important to enjoy the small accomplishments along the way :) I have many tournaments planned for this summer and am excited to see how I can do! Tomorrow I am playing in a US Open National Playoff tournament in Atlanta.  If I win this tournament I go and play against other regional winners to see if I can win a US Open Qualies Wildcard! I play at 8 am and if I win I play again at 1pm.  I was supposed to play mixed doubles in this tournament as well, but unfortunately my partner got sick and had to withdraw.  I am disappointed that I won't be in the mixed doubles draw, but now I can focus even more on singles.  After this tournament, I will be playing a 10k in Atlanta.  It is so nice to have back to back tournaments in Atlanta.  It makes a huge difference to be able to stay in my own home where I can sleep in my own bed and have home cooked meals.  It is also nice because my friends and family can come support me during my matches! I will keep everyone posted on the tournament! Hope everyone has a great 4th of July.

-Amanda

1 comment: